Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is here

Good Fortune will be at her berth in Beaufort by the 25Th of March. The spring season is the best time for cool sailing and lots of winter wildlife hanging out until it is time to move north for the summer. Loons, cormorants, gannets, seals and whales are all here until early summer. The turtles will start to arrive in late April along with our summer dolphins. Cownosed rays and ocean sunfish are inshore this time of the year. Low humidity and great spring winds make this the best time of year to sail. Warm days and cool nights, just like California at half the price.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Capt. Ron, I am a journalist working on an article about beaufort, nc for SAIL magazine. Let me know when your next ecology tour is going to take place and I will reserve a spot for a full day sail with you so that I can learn about the sailing in the area. I am not looking for a freebie. Just want to sail with someone who is extremely knowledgable on the area. Cheers, I acan be reached at joshuakinser@gmail.com